The principal of the Adyar school was interested in the Jeevani Milk project. 100 students from class 9 and 10 were selected for the intervention. 60 girls and 40 boys were given 200ml milk with ammukkura churnam.
The project duration was for 3 months from January 2015. An initial report of their health was prepared by the doctors . Volunteers helped with the logistics and distribution of milk to all the students. Volunteers made sure milk was procured , boiled well and the correct dosage of Ammukura churnam mixed in the right amount of milk. The milk was served in the evening
- Children were more active in the classroom and very energetic.
- They slept better at night so were more alert in the classroom.
- They felt fresh throughout the day.
- Children noticed reduction in hairfall.
- Girls specifically noticed an improvement in the menstrual cycle.