The Jeevani Milk Project was started at Santhoshapuram Middle school on 11 th December 2017. This project was sponsored majorly by Sanjeevani Foundation. Ms Vidya and group of her friends along with Vaishnavi Trust funded for the remaining cost of the project.
Sanjeevani Ayurveda Foundation is a not-for-profit trust run by the Sanjeevani Ayurveda and Yoga Centre, Chennai. The Foundation is primarily involved in spreading awareness about Ayurveda and Yoga through lectures, workshops and publications. The foundation supports financially deserving patients by bearing costs of their treatments and medicines. Sanjeevani foundation started the Jeevani Milk Scheme Initiative in different places across states with the support of well-wishers.
Vaishnavi Trust along with Sanjeevani foundation started this new project in Panchayat Union Middle School at Santhoshapuram, Chennai. There are 120 Children (from class 1 to class 4) taking the milk Scheme. Out of 120 children, 65% are boys and remaining 35% are girls. Each child gets 200 ml milk mixed with 2 gms of ammukura churnam. Everyday 250 gms of ammukura churnam is being used for 120 children. Children get the milk everyday at 11 am under the supervision of teachers.
Dr Girija conducted the initial diagnosis of the children before starting the Milk Scheme. Periodic review is conducted by other doctors of the Hospital along with Ms Vidya.
By seeing the benefits of the Milk scheme for these children, the school has requested to provide Milk to students of class 5th and Class 6th. So, Sanjeevani foundation will provide milk to additional 60 children from mid of February 2018.
The following benefits were seen after taking the Jeevani Milk Scheme.
Before the milk scheme intervention, most children had complaints like frequent head ache and leg pain. On taking the Milk for about 6 weeks, they no longer suffer from these illness.
Also many children who had breathing difficulties have recovered from breathlessness after taking the Milk with Ammukura churnam . Overall, all children are healthy and energetic after the ayurvedic intervention.